Social Icons

Sunday 29 December 2013

Sneak peak into Coleg Cymunedol Y Dderwen

So when your son needs a walk and you need a break from the festive family celebrations, what is a Director of Digital Learning and Innovation to do? Well, if like me your in-laws live around the corner from one of Wales' most innovative schools, you take a walk and have a look (even though it may be getting a little dark).


Coleg Cymunedol Y Dderwen (Oak Community College) is descirbed as a 'super school' and was formed from Ogmore Comprehensive School and Ynysawdre Comprehensive School. I understand that the school uses 1:1 iPads and from my look through the windows, it was clear they were also using large flat screen displays and Apple TV. There are write-on surfaces as shown below and large areas of communal seating.


Other than this sneak peak though, there isn't alot more I can tell you about  Coleg Cymunedol Y Dderwen - there website is here - http://moodle.bridgend.gov.uk/ydderwen/ - however, I couldn't get much information from this.


With it being just around the corner from my in-laws, I hope in time I will be able to find out more and possibly explore inside sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.