Social Icons

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Adam Greaves launches #IPACATrek

I was surprised and delighted today to receive the below message from former IPACA pupil Adam Greaves. Adam, you have my full support and can I just say how inspiring it is to see a young person stand up for what they believe in. Your independence, determination and commitment are outstanding and I am sure all the readers of this post will support your actions.

Subject: My Trek to London in Support of IPACA

Its Adam, I am going to walk, cycle and paddle from Osprey Quay, Portland to 10 Downing Street starting on 22nd August at 12.00pm.

I’m doing this trek to help raise support for the new IPACA Maritime House Campus. This will allow the education of children on Portland to improve greatly. This development will create a great learning environment and recycle an old building into new and exciting school. I know this will improve the enjoyment of learning for every IPACA learner!

I have 2 younger brothers coming up through IPACA I believe it is up to me to try and make their education better whilst I still have the chance. I enjoyed my years at IPACA and all the teachers and staff try their best to work with the facilities they have. But I know that if the school buildings and facilities were better, the quality of learning for both my brothers and all Portland kids would be amazing.

I was really surprised that the planning application was turned down by some Weymouth and Portland Councilors. So to help get the new school built I decided to personally hand deliver a petition and letters of support to Weymouth and Portland Borough Council and then to 10 Downing Street. I wanted to make this an exciting challenge. So I decided to walk to Dorchester via Weymouth and Portland Borough Council and then cycle too Newbury and them kayak to Westminster along the Kennet & Avon canal and the River Thames! I expect to get to Downing Street on 27th August.

I would really like some publicity to spread the word so people can follow the trek on twitter @AdamsIPACAtrek and sign the petition at www.tinyurl.com/supportipaca If you would like to chat about the trek please email me on adamgreaves33@gmail.com and I can arrange a time to speak.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Adam Greaves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.