Social Icons

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Learner Voice - Digital Leaders

Last week and throughout this week I have been leading a series of assemblies for all pupils across IPACA about my role and how learners might like to help me in shaping the vision for new technologies at IPACA. As a rule I am very passionate about learner voice and as plans develop for the new technologies that will support future learning at IPACA I am keen to use learner voice to drive forward change. As an initial step, I plan to establish a cross-age 'Digital Leader Group' from December onwards.

In order to facilitate this, I am encouraging learners to apply to be ‘Digital Leaders’ - Digital Leaders will be pupils who have a particular interest in technology and want to have a say in how it will be used in their future education.

Digital Leaders is open to all ages of children and I have previously worked on similar projects with Pre-School to Y.4 Digital Leaders and also have examples of Sixth Form Colleges applying the same principles. The links below are examples of similar projects that may be of interest  -

Secondary School Example - http://www.gr8ict.com/digital-leaders

Primary School Example - http://www.dl-pow.blogspot.co.uk/

Finally, the below recording was taken at IPACA Southwell Campus on 12/11/12 and it gives a great sense of the learners enthusiasm for such a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.